EVENT SET UP AND TEAR DOWN CREW
Tycoon Event Planning & Promotions (“Tycoon”) is looking for event set up and tear down contractors to assist onsite at various events.
Receiving direction from the onsite event manager, set up and tear down contractors will be responsible for such duties as:
• Unloading trucks or vehicles.
• Putting equipment and supplies in designated areas.
• Assembling props, displays and rentals.
• Setting up tables and chairs.
• Hanging signs; setting up lighting.
• Placing decorations; setting out materials.
• Taking inventory of all items.
• Packing up all supplies and rentals.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Physical ability to move event props, rentals and supplies.
• Ability to lift 25 lbs (11 kg) or more.
• Able to spend long durations of time on your feet.
• Must be able to do indoor and outdoor event set ups and tear downs.
• Comfortable being on a ladder.
• Prior event set up and tear down experience.
• Experience with AV equipment is an asset.
• Experience driving large trucks (i.e. 20’ – 26’ U-Haul trucks and moving vans) is an asset.
• Excellent professional communication and interpersonal skills.
• High level of attention to detail and organization.
• High level of integrity and work ethic.
• Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
• Applicants cannot be working for another event planner or company.
• Ability to be a strong brand ambassador of the company.
• Not afraid to get a little dirty and to work up a bit of a sweat.
As this contract role is specific to each event, time commitments will vary. Hours will be determined by each event’s requirements and the set up/tear down schedule.
$15.00 per hour, exclusive of GST, for each hour spent performing the event set-up and tear down activities requested by Tycoon.
Please note that as this is an independent contractor position, compensation does not include any employee related benefits.
Conflict of Interest:
The successful candidate(s) must not be involved in activities which would conflict in any way with his or her obligations to Tycoon or with Tycoon’s business activities.
Submission Process and Deadline:
If you are interested in this position, please forward a summary of your relevant skills and qualifications to Tycoon Event Planning & Promotions to the attention of Eryne Sarabin to email@example.com.
This posting will remain open until the positions are filled. While Tycoon welcomes and appreciates all submissions received in response to this posting, only those individuals who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.