FREELANCE EVENT PLANNERS
Tycoon Event Planning & Promotions (“Tycoon”) is currently looking for 2 independent contractors who are interested in working with Tycoon on an ‘as needed’ basis (for up to as many as 20 hours per week depending upon event schedule and work load) to assist in providing event planning and coordination services, as well as providing onsite event support services.
This position requires an individual who is meticulously organized, has impeccable attention to detail, is a creative thinker, and can provide support in a timely manner. As there is a lot of manual labor involved in this role, especially during event set ups and tear downs, this position requires someone who can fulfill those requirements. Please note that this role also involves indoor and outdoor work.
Skills and Qualifications:
• A minimum of 5 years of event planning experience.
• Excellent professional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong administrative skills.
• High level of attention to detail and organization.
• Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
• High level of integrity and work ethic.
• Excellent use of various social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
• Previous experience with Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
• Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
• Experience with Adobe Suite programs (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
• Belongs to industry-related or professional groups (i.e. MPI, ILEA).
• Physical ability to move event props, rentals and supplies.
• Ability to lift 25 lbs (11 kg) or more.
• Able to spend long durations of time on your feet.
• Must be able to do indoor and outdoor event set ups and tear downs.
As this is a contract position, time commitments will fluctuate based on work demands. Hours are flexible but may require specific week day daytime/evening/weekend commitments depending on event requirements. At the discretion of Tycoon, weekly telephone update meetings may be required at times which are mutually agreeable to both Tycoon and the independent contractor.
Compensation is an hourly rate of pay for each hour the individual spends performing the services requested by Tycoon. Please include your rate of pay expectations with your application.
Please note that as this is an independent contractor position, compensation does not include any employee-related benefits. Financial incentives are available to the successful candidate where she or he is responsible for referring new clients to Tycoon.
Conflict of Interest:
The successful candidate must not be involved in activities which would conflict in any way with his or her obligations to Tycoon or with Tycoon’s business activities.
If you are interested in this position, please forward a summary of your relevant skills, qualifications, and availability to Tycoon Event Planning & Promotions and to the attention of Eryne Sarabin at email@example.com. Please also include your rate of pay expectations as part of your submission.
The deadline for applications is Sunday, February 17, 2019. While Tycoon welcomes and appreciates all submissions received in response to this posting, only those individuals who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.