On September 17th, 2016 The Little Potato Company hosted their annual outdoor ‘Family Day Event’ at their company location. There were approximately 300 excited staff and family members who were able to come out that day to take in the carnival-themed festivities. With this year also being the company’s 20th anniversary, it was important to come up with creative and impactful ways in which to integrate the company’s 20th anniversary message and branding.
After spending time with our client to better understand their mission, what would create value for their employees, who their employees were in terms of cultural backgrounds and interests, and relevant ways of engaging their team, we came up with a number of activities that we knew would cater to a diverse audience and to all ages. In keeping with the carnival-theme, it was important that this be tied in as a constant entertainment or decor theme amidst the various elements at this year’s event, not to mention ensuring that potatoes were included in creative applications to floral arrangements or using the names of their different styles of potatoes with verbiage on signage.
– carnival games and festive decor
– Spudminton (just like badminton except using the company’s mascot, Spudly, for racquets)
– photo booth
– custom photo opp using the company’s logo with the o’s cut out for guests’ faces
– temporary tattoo station
– dessert station featuring themed cookies, cupcakes, and cotton candy
– food trucks (which each featured a potato dish using The Little Potato Company’s potatoes)
– live mural artist creating a commemorative piece, who engaged with guests to include words or phrases that they associated with the company. The mural is now hanging inside the building where staff and visitors can see it.
– craft station where children decorated flower pots and then potted seeds, marking them with a branded flower pot marker
– coloring station
– clown noses
– live music
– bouncy castle
– plant tours of the facility
– giveaways and contests
– ‘Guess How Many Potatoes’ game, and much more!
Client: The Little Potato Company
Event Planner, Stylist, and Props: Tycoon Event Planning & Promotions
Photographer: Curtis Comeau
Artist: AJA Louden
DJ: DJ Kwake
Photo Booth: Borsellino Photography
Florals: Wild Orchid Flowershop
Desserts: Milk & Cookies Bakeshop, Cakes by Candace, and Sugar Mountain – Cotton Candy
Balloons: The Balloon Store
Promo Items and Tattoos: The Promo Addict Inc.