This was our first holiday event with The Little Potato Company, and it was a lot of fun! Having worked with the company on their annual Family Day Event we had a well rounded appreciation of who their staff were and what value was to them. We went through the process of looking into previous years’ events and what had worked or not worked about them, what the staff liked and didn’t, what challenges there had been with venues, etc.
From all of the feedback and brainstorming, it was also important that the company’s values were built into the event elements, along with the potato theme and the 20th anniversary logo. This would be the last celebratory event of the 20th anniversary year, so it was important to end it on a high note! This year’s event colors were red, gold, and cream and there were roughly 300 guests in attendance.
In terms of programming, registration and cocktail hour ran from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm, with dinner from 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm, and the formal program from 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm. At 9:00 pm to kick off the entertainment portion of the evening, we had roving light dancers and the photo booth opened for guests. At 9:30 pm we focused on music from the DJ to get guests up and dancing and we also set up a Late Night Dessert Station. For the rest of the evening guests danced the night away, took photos at the photo booth, indulged in beverages and sweets. The event concluded at around 1:30 am.
Event elements included:
– The words and phrases that staff had provided to the graffiti artist for inclusion on the 20th anniversary commemorative wall mural were incorporated into pillar wraps at the front of the stage. It was an opportunity for us to highlight, in a festive and unique application, how the employees are very much the heart of the company.
– Large focal potato-themed arrangements set on top of the two pillars that flanked the front stage area.
– The festive holiday reindeer that were a part of the festive vignette at the front featured festive custom appliques, which also included gold glitter dip dyed potatoes.
– A festive podium sign.
– Alternating centerpieces on the banquet tables that were potato-focused and aligned with the events color palette of red, cream, and gold.
– A festive swag was added to the top of the custom photo cut out wall, which had also been used at the Family Day Event.
– A Late Night Dessert Station featuring custom ‘Spudly’ cake pops (The Little Potato Company’s mascot), festive 20th anniversary cookies, holiday themed cake pops, macarons, and cookies. A holiday swag, adorned with glitter dip dyed potatoes and candles, was placed on top of the dessert display.
– At the photo booth, we added Santa hats to the ‘Spudly’ mascots that were on sticks and custom branding was added to the printed photos.
– A signature vodka-based cocktail was created for the evening called “Spudly’s Cranberry Cordial Fizz”.
– For a non-alcoholic beverage that guests could treat their taste-spuds to, and something to compliment the alcoholic signature beverage, we had beverage dispensers set up featuring a cranberry cocktail with fresh cranberries and an orange cocktail with fresh orange slices.
– Custom bar, menu, beverage, and dessert signs were also created. The design complimented the design used on the two pillars at the front stage area.
– We also created custom cocktail napkins for the event, with messaging to the guests, as an extra special touch.
– Custom table numbers with fresh greenery snippets were added to the tables to help with the buffet line order.
– Each staff member was given a special 20th anniversary gift that was displayed on the front table, along with all of the door prizes that would later be given out to staff and guests.
Photos from the event:
DJ: Booking through DJ Kwake (DJ Remo de Janeiro onsite at the event)
Event Photography: Curtis Comeau Photography
Event Planning, Onsite Coordinator and Design: Tycoon Event Planning & Promotions
Florals and Late Night Dessert Station Swag: Wild Orchid Flowershop
Graphic Design: Backstreet Communications
Late Night Dessert Station: Cookies and Macarons from Milk & Cookies Bakeshop + Cake Pops from The Art of Cake
Light Dancers: Ballyhoo Entertainment Inc.
Photo Booth: Flashworks Photobooth Inc.
Printing: Fast Signs Edmonton West
Rentals: River City Events
Venue and Catering: The Best Western Westwood Inn