Tycoon Events, a division of The Event Estate Inc., is currently looking for an event professional who is interested in working with Tycoon Events (starting at 30 – 35 hours depending upon event schedule and workload) to assist in providing event planning and coordination services, as well as providing onsite event support services.
This position requires an individual who:
- Is meticulously organized,
- Is a self-starter,
- Has impeccable attention to detail,
- Is a creative thinker,
- Is a team player,
- Has exceptional customer service and communication skills, and
- Can provide support in a timely and consistent manner.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of event planning experience (virtual and in-person).
- Experience with a variety of virtual event platforms.
- Conference management experience.
- Tradeshow and exhibitor experience.
- Sponsorship management experience.
- Volunteer management experience.
- Budget creation and management experience.
- Excellent project management experience.
- Experience creating and managing critical paths.
- Excellent professional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong administrative skills.
- High level of attention to detail and organization.
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to lift heavy objects (30 lbs) and perform laborious tasks when onsite at in-person and/or hybrid events, aka the not-so-glamorous work.
Time commitments will fluctuate based on work demands and assigned projects. Hours are flexible but may require specific week day daytime/evening/weekend commitments depending on event requirements. At the discretion of Tycoon Events, weekly update meetings (in-person or virtual) may be required at times which are mutually agreeable to both Tycoon Events and the independent contractor.
Compensation is an hourly rate of pay for each hour the individual spends performing the services requested by Tycoon Events. Please include your rate of pay expectations with your application.
Please note that as this is an independent contractor position, compensation does not include any employee-related benefits. Financial and additional incentives are included.
Conflict of Interest:
The successful candidate must not be involved in activities which would conflict in any way with his or her obligations to Tycoon Events, with Tycoon Event’s business activities, or Tycoon Events’ clients.
If you are interested in this position, please forward a summary of your relevant skills, qualifications, and availability to Tycoon Events and to the attention of Eryne Sarabin at email@example.com. Please remember to include your rate of pay expectation. A portfolio or sample of previous work is favorable.
While Tycoon welcomes and appreciates all submissions received in response to this posting, only those individuals who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.